Friday, August 26, 2011

There was a MOOSE but its getting hotter


It has been and interesting summer and time is flying. It seems like the past few weeks have been the best i have had in a long time. My time has been spent mostly working and swimming in the river. Recently my friend Sean and I floated down the river for about an hour and we were just standing on the shore of the river and we hear something move on the other side of the river and out comes a giant Moose! I will be honest it scared the hell out of me. It was probably 40 yards from us and just drank water and stared art us for about 30 minutes. It was quite the spectacle since were only about 10 miles out of town.

 The last few weeks have been really warm and the only thing to cool us down is to go to the river. It's not that cold to us but to some it might be freezing. This river we swim in is so clear and clean. You can see the beauty in nature so well. Sean and I were standing in the water while fish came up and nipped at our legs and hands. Here is a poem I wrote to express my life the last few days:

Our Life Will Pass
There is so much going on that we never notice
and it has been such a mesmerizing experience
to just sit and watch nature
for once. 
The stars will still burn and the money
makers will still have their dough
but how much will we miss 
by not taking the time
to just sit
and become a part of nature
for just one day?

No comments:

Post a Comment